BUCK - A 104 - year - old firm that is JUST GETTING STARTED.
Pensions Consultant (Governance and Trustee Secretarial Management)
Location: London, Edinburgh, Manchester or Remote / home based with travel.
At Buck, we’re focused on helping our clients create a culture of wellbeing, centered around the evolution of each person’s health, wealth, and career.
Leveraging strong client relationships with key decision makers, our teams deliver exceptional results that confidently push the envelope with unexpected solutions to help our clients accomplish their objectives faster and keep them ahead of the curve.
Not surprisingly, we embrace inventive thinkers, who make original contributions to the team. We put people first — our people and our clients’ people, and our inclusive and welcoming culture celebrates diversity and individuality.
Explore your next career move with Buck today!
As a result of our continued business and client growth, the Buck Retirement Consulting are seeking to recruit an experienced Pensions Consultant to join our Benefits Consulting Team in London.
Our Benefits Consulting team provides first class strategy and consulting support to our Pensions trustee clients, covering full governance, scheme secretarial and strategic communications delivery.
This is a client facing role which requires the Pensions Consultant to manage, retain and develop a portfolio of clients, look for and deal with new business enquiries and be fully involved with developing the new propositions.
As the Pensions Consultant, you will provide guidance, information and advice to clients and colleagues in relation to Pensions and Benefits arrangements and ensure timely delivery of services.
- Provide account management to a portfolio of clients in relation to their pensions and benefits arrangements;
- Acts as central point of contact for all correspondence and communications to the Trustees;
- Ensures appropriate liaison between the Trustees, Employer, Scheme advisors and third parties on a range number of schemes matters;
- Attending trustees meetings - taking minutes, giving advice on governance and legislation and providing Trustee training;
- Prepares accurate minutes of Trustees’ meetings & sub-committee meetings;
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders, including pension administration, Investment Consultants, Scheme and Corporate Actuaries on client projects;
- Proving consultancy as to scheme design, modification and journey planning;
- Management of client projects and ensure coordination within wider client team including external advisers;
- Managing and coordinating preparation of Trustee Report and Accounts;
- Interpret complex pension matters and provide advice to Trustees / Company accordingly;
- Providing advice to administration department regarding legislation and interpretation of pension Scheme rules;
- Overseeing the billing for clients for fees and disbursements.
- Proven knowledge of UK occupational pensions schemes (DB, DC or Hybrid), ideally within in a Consulting environment;
- Strong understanding of pensions scheme trustees and sponsor - secretarial and governance support;
- Strong communications and stakeholder management skills;
- Ideally APMI qualified – or on track;
- Prove ability to prioritise, organise and carry out tasks within deadlines.
Why join Buck:
- Excellent client exposure from day one – we are looking for an experienced individual who is comfortable owning and leading client relationship.
- Unrivalled Leadership team – Our Retirement practice is led by experienced ‘’functional experts’ who are all qualified member of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries Institute (IFoA).
- Our Pedigree - we are an industry leading mid-tier Consultancy with a history dating back over 104 years.
- Diversity of Clients – we work with leading UK and International corporations, across a variety of sectors and industries, where no two are the same!
- We are Client focused – unlike some of our competitors, we offer bespoke and tailored solutions to our clients, not a one size fits all solution.
- Your Career is our motivation – working as part of a small but highly collaborative team, you get the level of responsibility and client exposure rarely experienced working for some of our larger competitors. At Buck, we pride ourselves on providing excellent support at all level to drive your ambitions and career development goals.
- Our commitment to you as a Buck employee – we offer a competitive base salary & comprehensive benefits package; are committed to providing a highly collaborative, stimulating, sociable working environment and are committed to flexible working and diversity & inclusion.
What we offer:
As an established company with a start-up mentality we know that our employees are key to our success. We offer a comprehensive remuneration package while taking into consideration aspects such a flexible working and factors key to a good work life balance.
What we offer:
- Highly competitive salary;
- Minimum 25 days Annual leave (excluding Bank holidays) plus Holiday trading - (10 days – buy option) or (5 days – sell option);
- Private Medical cover including partner / spouse and children;
- Health-checks / Screening
- Excellent Defined Contribution pension provisions;
- Comprehensive Life Assurance coverage;
- Vision Plan;
- Company bonus scheme:
- Interest free season ticket loan;
- Gym subsidy;
- Child-care Vouchers
- Additional flexible benefits Scheme to support you and your family in and out of work encompassing; Health & Wellbeing, Protection and Lifestyle covering; additional Life assurance, Travel insurance, Dental insurance, Medical Cash plan, Critical Illness cover plus many more.
At Buck, we pride ourselves in our Diversity and Inclusion and are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable UK law.
We are exclusively focused on helping our clients and their people succeed together. By this, we mean we’re partnering with some of the world's most forward-thinking companies to re-envision and re-design the way that employees work and live. And we’re doing this by finding the right combination of consulting, outsourcing, and technology solutions to help our clients realise the best organisational performance for their businesses while driving positive health, wealth, and career outcomes for their people.